As a mom, I find myself constantly toeing the line of sanity, especially when I haven’t had any “me time”. These 8 ways to self care for mama bears are a for sure way to save your sanity and refresh yourself to tackle all that comes with #momlife!
8 Ways To Self-Care For Mama Bears
- Spend kid free time – I know this is obvious but I had to include it. If you are blessed enough to have a spouse or tribe that will help you with your little, USE THEM! Don’t be afraid to admit you need time away from your child, it doesn’t make you a bad mom, in fact, it makes you a great mom! It’s healthy for you AND your little(s) to get time away from each other. Fill your cup first so you have enough to pour into all the people you care for.
- Workout – There are tons of health benefits to working out but my favorites is the endorphin boost you get during/after. No matter what kind of day you’ve had, how tired you are, or how many people need you, GET YOUR WORKOUT IN. You’ll have more energy, more confidence, and be an overall happier person. When you look good, you feel good babes! See this post for some ideas.
- Find a hobby – Painting, skiing, skateboarding, crocheting, whatever floats your boat, do it! It’s important as a mom that you have things that are just for YOU. You may even be thinking right now, what am I into? That’s a clear indication that you have not taken a lot of time to continue learning yourself after motherhood. Don’t worry though, write down 3 things that seem interesting to you and start with those!
- Do a face mask – After a long day, I really appreciate a good face mask. There’s just something about escaping to the bathroom, turning on some jams, and giving myself the royal treatment. Because again, when you look good, you feel good!
- Do your nails – Personally, I like going to the nail shop and letting Amy (hay Amy!!) work her magic. But if you’re not into professional manicures or fake nails, do them at home! There are tons of cute press-ons, nail polishes, and even nail stickers out right now to make this process a little easier. I always end up stopping half way through because my left-hand just doesn’t cooperate. Either way, carve some time out to go to the nail salon OR your happy place and go to work on those cuticles girl!
- Get a massage – Whether it’s a professional masseuse, your boo, or a stranger (just kidding…kinda #desperatetimes) grab some lotion/oil and rub that body down! This gives you some time to let go of any physical stress you’re holding onto and allows you to just take some time to breathe. Check Groupon for deals to save some money. My mom always use to go to a massage school and an hour massage was only like $40 so that’s a route too if you’re balling on a budget like me.
- Get a haircut -I know this isn’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love getting my hair done. Whether you want to make a drastic change or just get rid of some split ends, this is a great way to invest in yourself and make yourself feel better.
- WINE, WINE, WINE – When all else fails, Jesus gave us wine. DRINK UP, CHEERS!