This keto, low-carb beef and broccoli recipe is healthy and sure to please the whole family!
So as you guys can tell, I’ve transitioned to a low-carb lifestyle and thanks to my foodies way and Pinterest, I’m determined to make every dish I previously loved become compliant with my new eating plan. I feel so much more energetic, happy, and healthy since I’ve changed up my eating but some days I just want quick, delicious food. So before keto I would order take-out, probably some Asian variation of a noodle because it’s one of my favorites, but the take-out version isn’t necessarily macro friendly. Like I’ve told you guys in my keto stir fry recipe, with a few quick substitutions any of your faves can become keto, homemade, and even more delicious!
- 1 lb. thin sliced steak
- 2 handfuls zoodles
- 1 bunch of broccolini
- 3 tbs. of liquid aminos (can use coconut aminos, or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 3 tbs. chopped chives
I got beef at Kroger that was already thinly sliced which is super convenient. If you’re not able to get it pre-cut, just get a round steak and slice into thin pieces. I read a few recipes that said baking powder tenderizes the meat and makes it crispier. I’ve done it with and without it, both are delicious so don’t stress if you don’t have any. I marinaded my meat overnight this time but if you’re short on time, 25 minutes or so will do the trick!
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbs. liquid aminos
- 1 tbs. sriracha (optional)
- 1 tbs. baking powder (optional)
- Garlic salt
- Black pepper
- Cut broccolini in half and wash well, put aside in a bowl. Put your garlic, liquid aminos, and half of your chives in the bowl with the broccolini.
- Brown steak on each side. Don’t crowd your pan or your meat won’t get brown. You want that crispy, juicy flavor!
- Next, remove steak then add the broccolini into same pan, let cook for 2 minutes or so. You can add some ghee in here too if you wanted!
- Add the garlic sauce mixture and meat back into the pan and let simmer all together for 2 mins with low heat.
- Serve atop zoodles, if desired, and garnish with chives.
Regardless of their views on the take-out version, this recipe will be a hit with your whole family and is such an easy way to sneak some veggies in while still satisfying your cravings! If you’re tracking macros, this recipe can be found under ‘Keto Beef and Broccoli’ in your MyFitnessPal app.
Be sure to share this recipe with you family and friends, let me know how you guys love it!